Camping is a fun activity that the whole family can enjoy. There is something so peaceful about sitting by the campfire and staring up at the starts before crawling into your tent and sleeping amongst nature. Some people like to go camping in groups or as a family. If that is the case, then you definitely should look into investing in large camping tents. They offer much more space and protection from the elements, which are both very important while you are camping. There are a ton of different ones on the market and they aren’t the cheapest investment. So, if you are in the market for one but not exactly sure on where you should start, then here are the top ten ones that you should choose from.
10. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
This Wenzel Klondike Tent can fit up to eight people and has been crafted out of some of the highest materials available. It can withstand some harsh conditions because of the polyester fabric that has been coated with a polyurethane water-resistant coating. All of the zippers, threads, and webbing are treated as well, so the whole tent is protected from the rain. There is enough room on the inside to house a queen size air mattress and still have plenty of space to move around.
- One of the things that makes this Bangladesh-made tent unique, is the fact that there is an entry room that can also be zipped up to act as a second room.
9. CORE 10 Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent
If you are looking for a tent that can fit up to 10 people and two queen-sized air mattresses, then this is the tent for you. It has a center height of 86 inches, comes in two colors and includes a room divider to make it into a two-bedroom tent. There is also a gear loft with a lantern hook and pockets to keep your smaller items easily organized. When you purchase this tent you will also get a rain fly, tent stakes, a room divider, and an expandable bag to make it easier to transport. It also comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- The thing that makes this tent stand out among the rest would be the advanced venting system that works by using adjustable vents to draw cool air in while pushing the hot air out.
8. Coleman Tent for Camping | Montana Tent with Easy Setup for Outdoors
The Coleman Tent can comfortably fit up to eight people and can easily be set up in just 15 minutes. To make this tent waterproof, they have welded the corners and inverted the seams, as well as including a rainfly. It is also extremely durable because of double-thick fabric, so it will allow you to enjoy numerous camping trips throughout the seasons. There is a convenient e-port so you can run electricity into your tent along with door awnings to keep it extra protected from the elements. The windows are angled which will also protect your tent from the rain while still allowing air to flow freely.
- This tent is extremely spacious and can fit up to three queen-sized beds.
7. Coleman Dome Tent with Screen Room | Evanston Camping Tent with Screened-In Porch
This Coleman Tent is a bit smaller than the previous one. However, it is still made with the same welded corners and protected seams to keep you sheltered from the outdoor elements. It can still be assembled in a short time period of only 15 minutes as well. The sturdy frame has been tested and allows this tent to withstand winds of up to 35 MPH. It also has a WeatherTec system with patented welded floors, so regardless of the weather, you will be staying dry. This feature, along with the sturdy frame, makes it the ideal tent to take with you if you are unsure about what the weather is going to do.
- One thing that makes this tent unique would be the screened-in porch area so you can enjoy the weather, without having to deal with any bugs.
6. CORE 9 Person Extended Dome Tent
You can get this extended dome tent in two different colors. It can comfortably fit up to eight people, although it can fit nine if you would like to squeeze in an extra person. However, the center height is only 72 inches, so isn’t ideal for taller campers. The poles are made of traditional fiberglass and are simple to put together. It also has an e-port, as well as advanced venting technology to keep you cool on muggy summer nights.
- Something that people really enjoy about this tent would be the mesh ceiling panels, that can be easily covered if it does start raining.
5. Coleman WeatherMaster 10-Person Outdoor Tent
This tent almost looks like a cabin and will blend in well with the great outdoors. It is able to fit three queen-sized mattresses and has a 6 foot 8 inches height in the tallest point of the tent. The door is on a hinge for easier access as well. It also comes with a room divider for more privacy, whether you are camping with friends or family. You will be able to easily assemble this tent in just 20 minutes because of the simple design and easy to follow instructions.
- The frame of this tent has been specifically designed to withstand stronger winds than some of the other tents.
4. Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent with Screen Room
The Coleman Steel Creek Fast Pitch Dome Tent is a bit smaller than the other large camping tents. It can only fit six people but it does have an outdoor screened in area that can be used for extra sleeping space if you would like. There are different colors on the frame to make set up much easier. It also comes with a carrying back, where your tent will fit with ease. This bag can even expand a bit for added storage. There are also small, mesh pockets to keep smaller items organized and off the ground.
- One of the things that set this tent apart from the rest would be its ability to set up in less than 10 minutes thanks to the color-coded frame.
3. Fortunershop Family Cabin Tent
If you are going to be camping with over ten people, then this is the tent for you. It can fit up to 14 people and comes with three built-in room dividers. You can have anywhere from one to four rooms, depending on your needs. Each room will also have its own door and there 12 windows for maximum ventilation. It is a bit pricier compared to some of the other tents, but you can’t fit nearly as many people in the other tents.
- Even though this tent is roomy and can fit up to five air queen-sized air mattresses, it can still be set up in as quickly as 20 minutes.
2. HIKERGARDEN 8-Person Tent – Easy & Quick Setup Camping Tent, Professional Waterproof & Windproof Fabric
This tent is very easy to set up and can fit up to three queen-sized mattresses with room to spare. It has been tested by professionals and is able to stand strong through heavy rain and winds. However, it is still light enough that you can easily transport it. There is only one door but five mesh doors and a mesh top.
- The main feature of this tent would be high-quality materials, these materials will allow it to hold up well over time.
1. HIKERGARDEN 8-Person Tent – Quick & Easy Setup Camping Tent, Professional Waterproof & Windproof Fabric, 5 Large Mesh for Ventilation, Double Layer
If you don’t have a lot of people and just looking for a simple tent, then this is the best choice. It isn’t super expensive but it is very durable. The material will withstand a good amount of rain without letting any inside of the tent. You won’t need any help to set it up and it can be set up in just 10 minutes.
- Unlike some other tents, these zippers are high-quality and won’t leave you trapped in or out of your tent.